TERMS AND CONDITIONS _ CURACAO INNOVATION AWARD 2023
- All companies (including sole proprietorships) can participate with a product innovation, innovation process or innovative service (including business transformation) which is already in use but has not previously participated in Curaçao Innovation Award.
- Your product or service was introduced to the local market at least 1 year ago.
- Due to the pandemic, an exception has been made to rule number 2. Your innovation was launched between March 19, 2020 and July 28, 2023.
- The applying or nominated company (with a product, process of service innovation) is registered with the Chamber of Commerce.
- Curaçao Innovation & Technology Institute (CITI) considers the company or person who registered the innovation as the owner of the product or service. Unless otherwise stated in the registration form.
- We will withdraw participants from the competition if there is a dispute over the ownership of Intellectual Property rights – or if fraudulent public voting occurs.
- The innovation must have (potential) positive results for the company and/or the local economy.
- Registration is free. Costs for travel and other expenses will not be reimbursed.
- Curaçao Innovation & Technology Institute does not accept liabilities for risks in the awards process.
- Registration is open until September 10, 2023.
- Curaçao Innovation & Technology Institute (CITI) has the right to change or extend the registration period.
- Curaçao Innovation & Technology Institute (CITI) reserves the right to refuse participation at the time of registration or during the evaluation process.
- The nominees are announced in September 2023 to the public.
- The winners are announced at the award ceremony night.
- The result of the event is final and irrevocable.
- Participants can register by completing the registration form at www.citi.cw/innovationaward
- When submitting the registration form, the participant agrees with all publicity surrounding the innovation.
- All registered innovations are assessed by an independent jury consisting of industry, government and education professionals.
- Each organization/judge fills in the scorecard for their specific categories.
- In September, the jury members nominate the finalists to Curaçao Innovation & Technology Institute (CITI).
- All participants are required to present their pitch to the jury for the final selection. This pitch is mandatory.
- The jury of the final round assesses the pitches and selects the winner per category.
- When registering, the participant agrees to the participation regulations.
Your submitted data will be used during the judging process of the Curaçao Innovation Award 2023. The collected data will be treated confidentially and will be used for the Curaçao Innovation Award and possible follow-ups regarding the progress of the innovation (registration/research) and updating the customer database by the Curaçao Innovation & Technology Institute (CITI). The data you submitted through the form will be shared with the 2023 judges to review your innovation.
Your organization’s information such as name, address, telephone and email is added to a database for future contact. This database is only accessible to the Curaçao Innovation & Technology Institute (CITI) and the Ministry of Economic Development (MEO).